T

The Human Stain

Google

Friday, April 14, 2006

Laughing All the Way to the Bank

Dear George,

Just wanted to jot this note to you before I depart upon my retirement. Thanks for all you and the Bush Administration have done to help the Exxon executive family grab more wealth from an unconscious American public. We never thought that it was possible to actually fleece the economy of $36 billion – in one year. Wow! I'm making a killing this year and you have truly helped facilitate that. Why if you didn't create all that uncertainty in the world's oil markets by invading Iraq and if you also didn't steal – oops, I mean help privatize their oil companies, then Exxon might still be suffering with only $10 billion of profits per year. Who can prosper at such low profit levels? Still can't believe I'm going to get a retirement package of nearly $400 million, including pension, stock options and other perks, a $1 million consulting deal, two years of home security, personal security, a car and driver, and use of a corporate jet for professional purposes. Sometimes it seems like I've died and gone to heaven.

If you need anything in the future – let me know.

Thanks again,

Your friend - Lee Raymond
Posted on The Human Stain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home